ASP.NET Simple GridView
The GridView control provides many built-in capabilities that allow the user to sort, update, delete, select, and page through items in the control. The GridView control can be bound to a data source control, in order to bind a data source control, set the DataSourceID property of the GridView control to the ID value of the data source control.
In this article I have used Microsoft's Pubs database for sample data. You can download it free from the following link.
Before you start to generate GridView in your asp file, you should create a ConnectionString in your web.Config File. Double click the web.config file on the right hand side of the Visual Studio and add the following connectionstring code in that file.
After create the connectionstring in the web.config file, you should call the connectionstring in your asp page and issue the select command.
When you run this asp.net application , your output look likes the following image.
The following is the full asp source code for selecting au_lname,phone,address,city from the authors table in the Pubs database.
Asp.net gridview example
- Sorting , Paging and AutoGenerateColumns
- ASP.NET GridView Editing
- ASP.NET GridView Delete
- DropDownList in GridView
- Create Gridview at runtime
- Gridview - Add, Edit and delete
- Gridview export to Excel
- Gridview export to CSV
- GridView summary on Footer
- Subtotal row in Gridview
- SubTotal and GrandTotal in GridView
- Create Gridview without database
- GridView from Stored Procedure
- How to create Gridview Popup Form
- How to create a Blank row in gridview
- Nested GridView in ASP.NET
- Freeze Gridview Header row, Scroll in GridView
- Auto Generate Row Number in GridView
- Image between GridView rows
- How to select a row in gridview
- Checkbox in ASP.NET GridView Control