How to create Gridview Popup Form
Following program shows how to create a Popup window from a Gridview Event. In this program we are using ModalPopup extender to display a Popup window in the webpage.
In this article I have used Microsoft's Pubs database for sample data. You can download it free from the following link.
Ajax ModalPopup extender
The Ajax ModalPopup extender in Asp.Net allows a page to display content to the user in a "modal" manner which prevents the user from interacting with the rest of the page. The popup window can contain any content, including ASP.NET server controls, HTML elements, etc . If you want to know more about Asp.Net Ajax click the following link...
In this application, we display some data from Publisher table and provide a LinkBotton to edit the rows. When click on the LinkButton, a Popup window will appear and it allows to edit the row. The ModalPopupExtender that this popup is attached to has a hidden TargetControl.
It is important to note that, you should register Assembly in you aspx page top line.
And add AjaxControlToolkit.dll to your bin folder before you do the Popup coding.
C# Source Code
VB.Net Source Code
- ASP.NET Simple GridView
- Sorting , Paging and AutoGenerateColumns
- ASP.NET GridView Editing
- ASP.NET GridView Delete
- DropDownList in GridView
- Create Gridview at runtime
- Gridview - Add, Edit and delete
- Gridview export to Excel
- Gridview export to CSV
- GridView summary on Footer
- Subtotal row in Gridview
- SubTotal and GrandTotal in GridView
- Create Gridview without database
- GridView from Stored Procedure
- How to create a Blank row in gridview
- Nested GridView in ASP.NET
- Freeze Gridview Header row, Scroll in GridView
- Auto Generate Row Number in GridView
- Image between GridView rows
- How to select a row in gridview
- Checkbox in ASP.NET GridView Control