Nested GridView in ASP.NET
The GridView control is the successor to the DataGrid and extends it in a number of ways. In some situations we have to display data in a Master-Child manner. In the following article, you can see how to create a GridView control to display data in a Matser-Child way.
In this article I have used Microsoft's Pubs database for sample data. You can download it free from the following link.
How to nested Gridview Control
A GridView control inside the grid row of the parent GridView control is called a nested GridView. Here the program displays Master data from Publisher table and displays Child data from Titles table.
Here the Gridview show Master/Details in Expand/Collapse way. When you click on + symbol the Gridview expand the row and inside the row it display the child Gridview. Then the row display a - symbol and when you click on the - symbol the it collapse and show the master GridView only.
Here the program manage this expand/collapse using two images and it functioning with the support of a small jQuery function.
C# Source Code
VB.Net Source Code
- ASP.NET Simple GridView
- Sorting , Paging and AutoGenerateColumns
- ASP.NET GridView Editing
- ASP.NET GridView Delete
- DropDownList in GridView
- Create Gridview at runtime
- Gridview - Add, Edit and delete
- Gridview export to Excel
- Gridview export to CSV
- GridView summary on Footer
- Subtotal row in Gridview
- SubTotal and GrandTotal in GridView
- Create Gridview without database
- GridView from Stored Procedure
- How to create Gridview Popup Form
- How to create a Blank row in gridview
- Freeze Gridview Header row, Scroll in GridView
- Auto Generate Row Number in GridView
- Image between GridView rows
- How to select a row in gridview
- Checkbox in ASP.NET GridView Control