ASP.NET GridView Editing
The GridView control provides many built-in capabilities that allow the user to sort, update, delete, select, and page through items in the control.
The GridView allows editing on a row-by-row basis. An editable GridView contains an additional column with an Edit button in each row. When the end user clicks on an Edit button that row becomes editable, causing the Edit button to change to Update and Cancel buttons and the other columns to become TextBoxes. The end user can then update one or more column values and click Update to save their changes. To enable editing, set the AutoGenerateEditButton property to true and specify the DataKeyNames as the primary key of your table.
In this article I have used Microsoft's Pubs database for sample data. You can download it free from the following link.
Before you start to create Edit functionality on GridView in your asp file, you should create a ConnectionString in your web.Config File. Double click the web.config file on the right hand side of the Visual Studio and add the following connectionstring code in that file.
The following program shows how to update gridview values from an ASP.NET application
- ASP.NET Simple GridView
- Sorting , Paging and AutoGenerateColumns
- ASP.NET GridView Delete
- DropDownList in GridView
- Create Gridview at runtime
- Gridview - Add, Edit and delete
- Gridview export to Excel
- Gridview export to CSV
- GridView summary on Footer
- Subtotal row in Gridview
- SubTotal and GrandTotal in GridView
- Create Gridview without database
- GridView from Stored Procedure
- How to create Gridview Popup Form
- How to create a Blank row in gridview
- Nested GridView in ASP.NET
- Freeze Gridview Header row, Scroll in GridView
- Auto Generate Row Number in GridView
- Image between GridView rows
- How to select a row in gridview
- Checkbox in ASP.NET GridView Control